Swansea is a vibrant, busy city bursting with business and a popular tourist destination. The city of Swansea offers a diverse mix of culture, learning and fun activities. Made up culturally of museums, a heritage centre, art galleries, botanic gardens, the largest indoor market in Wales and a massive array of water sports and walking/cycling routes. Swansea is a safe place for young people and the City Centre is compact and easy to get around. Swansea has lots to offer in the way of sports and culture.
Fun Fact: Gower was the first area in the United Kingdom to be awarded the title, ‘Area of Outstanding beauty.’ There is twenty-five miles of coastal paths, breathtaking views and sandy beaches, amongst the best in the world. With the birthplace of famous poet Dylan Thomas, historic buildings, famous coastlines, and adventure in or out of the water, Gower has it all.
Accommodation for students
- Twin rooms
- Double rooms
- Bed and breakfast (BB)
- Bed, breakfast and evening meal (half board – HB)
- Bed, breakfast, evening meal and packed lunch (full board – FB)
- Laundry facilities – Once a week
- Wireless internet available
Homestays are situated in a coastal city with fantastic transport links. Just 45 minutes from the Welsh capital of Cardiff and three hours from central London. Standard homestays combine reasonable prices and quality accommodation in a convenient location. Superior homestays are available on request. Some Superior homestays provide a dedicated bathroom for the students.
School Immersion Full Integration Program
- Gower peninsula in Swansea area where students from primary and secondary school children from an international community will be welcomed into local schools for an integration followed by social activities and living with a homestay.
- Check online for other schools’ info about the program